Thursday, July 14, 2011
7:30 AM - Got out of bed and got ready for my first day of work in Dr. Hopkins' soil lab
Roughly 8:00 AM - Facebook began to text me, informing me that people are writing on my Wall
8:30 AM - Clocked in, wandered around for a bit, not able to find Dr. Hopkins, but later ran into a couple of his grad students. They got me started digging for beads of fertilizer in soil samples. I hear my phone buzzing throughout the day :)
Roughly 3:30 PM - Clocked out and set off for choir rehearsal
4:00 PM - University Chorale. I talked to Steven briefly before class started!
4:50 PM - Class ended and I walked with Stacey to my apartment. We took my piece of Target cake and set out for Pizza Pie Cafe, a recent favorite, after a visit to the bank (they gave us lots of Dum-Dums. Just like old times!)
5:15 PM - Approximate arrival time at PPC. Stac gave me presents (a tote bag and a "personalized" M. C. Escher art book) and we gorged ourselves on pizza and cake
Roughly 6:45 PM - Stac and I headed back to my apartment and goofed off for a bit. Shawn gave me one of these:
... and Alicia called!
7:30 PM - Dinner group at the apartment. Stac and I could barely eat anything, as we were already stuffed. Becky was understanding as soon as she found out that we had already eaten, however ;)
About 7:45 pm - Mom called. She told me to check my mail, and I found a wonderful card and some birthday loot :)
About 8:00 PM - My roommate Becky took Stac and I to Macey's to pick out my favorite ice cream. I picked momentary favorites, Bear Attack and Caramel Swirl (I'm not consistent when it comes to most kinds of favorites ;)
About 8:20 PM - I came back to my apartment to a surprise party! I got sang to, ate brownies and ice cream, got a shirt, played What If?, and got cards with my likeness drawn on from friends
9:30 PM - Took Stacey back to Heritage. She was going to tell her roommates that she had hung out with RMs that night ;)
About 11:30 PM - Drew pictures, played games, and talked about Thunder Crab with Shawn until visitor hours were over
Overall, my day was great. I loved seeing all the Facebook messages from people who care about me and appreciate the great year I had leading up to this day. Now here's to another, even better year!
Thanks for being great, y'all :)
Rachel
(A day later, I talked to my dad, got sang to again (with an impressive piano accompaniment by my friend Andrew ("Moshe")) at a Shabbat dinner, and got frozen yogurt with Emily! The day after that, I went to Goodwood with the fam and got a pillow-pet and a journal with Hebrew printed on the front. Keepin' the good times rollin'! :D)
2 comments:
Holy Birthday Extravaganza! Sounds like you had an awwwwwwesome day! (or few days, rather)
Hooray for a whole day to celebrate you... I'm so glad you showed up that rainy July day. That red hair, jello mold, and pure wit have really added a lot to the Goof Troop.
Love ya, sis.
wowza...I was a bit worried being at camp that you wouldn't get much celebration..HA!!! Glad that others love you too.
Post a Comment