Relatives came into town the day before last and so, as a result, my mom had a lot to do with everything related to that. So she asked me to take Emma to school.
Okee-dokee. So I took Emma to school, tried some funny thingee to try to get home faster, and went home.
Not too much later we get a call from Stacey at school saying she needs some stuff brought to her at school. Mom asked me to take them to her.
Okee-dokee. So I took the stuff to school and dropped it off at the attendance office, and went home.
I got home just in time to gather up my things to go to the college as I had planned (and get some money to buy Stacey and I lunch).
Okee-dokee. Got back in the car, drove about 20 minutes to the college, did what I did there, and left for our new Target.
I got to Target and asked for two personal pizzas, but the lady explained that it would be 20 minutes before there would be more pepperoni pizza. Huh. I got the Icees anyways and decided to drive across the road and get some stuff from Burger King instead.
Okee-dokee. Loaded up the Icees and went to Burger King, and left there for the Seminary building.
I got there with good time to spare and Stacey was waiting for me outside. I explained the thing about Target and hauled my stuff out of the little red car, forgetting the keys inside. So, as a consequence, I locked the keys in the car, and didn't realize this until after lunch was over and Seminary was getting ready to start, and after searching my pockets, my purse, the ground, and even the Burger King bag I threw away for them.
Okee-dokee. Told my Seminary teacher what happened after I called home without getting an answer. She asked if I could call someone on a cell phone to bring another set of keys. I called my mom on her phone, but no response. Between both home and Mom I made several phone calls.
Well, the end of the school day came and I made a call home after school, and I tried to call Mom again. When I came out of the Seminary building (I had gone in after school; it wasn't my last class), Stacey was waiting by the car and I told her that I'd locked the keys inside.
Okee-dokee. I finally got hold of Mom and told her what happened. After talking some, trying to figure out where in the house the spare key would be and what it looked like, she said she was going to call Dad.
Earlier that day when I'd realized what I did, I found that one of the back door windows was either not all the way up or it was just like that all the time. There was a very small gap about a half an inch high. It looked something like this.

Okee-dokee. So Stacey decided to try and open the car through this window enough to reach the lock thingee. I tried sticking a pencil in to do it, but that didn't work. So finally Stacey decides to be very determined to reach that lock thingee and stuck her arm through the crack and reached the thingee and unlocked the car!! It was amazing...
Just moments after this event occurred, Mom called back and suggested that we catch a bus to ride home. But then I told her what happened and she said something like "Give that kid a dollar!". Yep. It was amazing. We made it home. And she likely saved Dad 40 or more bucks.
Okee-dokee. So maybe you all are thinking this post couldn't get a whole lot more interesting. But wait! There's more!
That same night I was thinking that Belle and some of us could go to the new Petco we have around here. Sounded good to me. So Stacey, Emma, Belle, and I got in the car and went to Petco and saw all the neat stuff they had there. Belle got pet a lot by the nice people there and really enjoyed that. We got her a mini rubber chicken that resembled the one she used to have, and she got a cow's ear. Afterwards we went to WalMart for a few things and got gas on the way home.
Okee-dokee. So we were going home as usual until I turned to go up the hill towards our house. Stacey was apparently talking about something really engaging and her knee (or her ankle/foot, not sure) pushed the automatic transmission into neutral. The car made a loud vrooming noise as I continued to step on the gas pedal and Stacey said something like "I'm sorry!" and someone (not sure who anymore) put the car back into drive. Hee hee.
There was a piano concert at CBC that night that I decided to go to, and not long before I left, Stacey decided to go with me. So we went to a good piano concert and afterwards went to Burger King and got Stacey a milkshake on the way home.
Phew. That was a significant day of drama for the little red car; probably way beyond its usual quota...
Anyway, have a good night everyone.
Racher
1 comment:
Rache-meist!
You're hilarious! I can't believe all of the drama :) I managed to lock BOTH sets of keys in that car once. I was in Boise, helping get Breya's wedding together. Bad news, yes. I managed to break into the thing with a coat-hanger. I was SO impressed...I had always seen that done in the movies, but never knew it really worked!
Glad you survived all of it. Keep the bloggies coming!
Love,
Alicia
Post a Comment